Baker began practicing with McWherter Scott & Bobbitt in March of 2022, after interning with the Firm the previous summer. As an associate attorney with the Firm, Baker represents commercial and residential policy holders in litigation with their insurers. Based in his hometown of Jackson, TN, Baker frequently travels to represent clients. Baker is currently admitted to all Tennessee state courts, all federal district courts in Tennessee, and both federal district courts in Arkansas. Baker is also currently seeking admission in the State of Georgia.
In the pursuit of justice for the Firm’s clients, Baker refuses to be outworked. He graduated law school a semester early, and his competitive nature fuels his desire to provide the high-quality representation that each policy holder deserves. Helping industrial properties and commercial businesses is in Baker’s blood. Baker grew up in his grandfather’s industrial machine shop that has serviced numerous factories in West Tennessee. Spending countless days in the machine shop created unique experiences in seeing how things are built and repaired. Now, he uses that skill set to better understand property damage, so he can better represent the Firm’s clients.
When Baker is not battling insurance companies for the coverage the Firm’s clients are owed, he is looking for ways to outsmart ducks, deer, and fish. More importantly, Baker enjoys spending time with his wife, Caroline, who admittedly, is his much better half.
- Insurance Law: Baker dedicates his entire practice to representing policyholders, whether they be homeowners, factories, warehouses, schools, colleges, churches, hotels, or other commercial properties. When the law supports it, Baker also pursues bad faith penalties against insurance companies.
- Tennessee, April 2022
- Western District of Tennessee, May 2022
- Middle District of Tennessee, July 2022
- Eastern District of Tennessee, June 2022
- Western District of Arkansas, July 2022
- Eastern District of Arkansas, July 2022
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- West Jackson Baptist Church: Baker greatly enjoys serving in various capacities in his church, including periodically teaching in the young professionals Sunday school class.