What Is Contents Coverage?

Contents coverage is found in both homeowners’ policies and commercial policies. In a commercial policy it’d be called business personal property. In a homeowner’s, claim we would simply call it contents or personal property. That is the items that the insured owns, that are not attached to the real estate, for which there’s a separate amount of coverage set out under the policy. So in your home, it would be your toaster, your clothes, your shoes, things of that nature. Let’s say in a commercial enterprise, a business, it’d be your computer system, maybe the merchandise that you had on your shelf to sell.

McWherter Scott & Bobbitt represents policyholders throughout Tennessee. To schedule a consultation time with Clint Scott, or to speak with a Tennessee insurance dispute lawyer in Nashville, Chattanooga, Memphis, Jackson or Knoxville, please call 731-664-1340, or fill out our contact form