Experienced Insurance Dispute Attorneys in Mississippi
Recovering full and fair compensation for valid insurance claims throughout Mississippi
Negotiating with an insurance company is a notoriously uphill battle. This fight gets even more complicated when the insurance company uses inappropriate tactics to deny coverage or delay payment. Adjusters may undervalue the damaged property or underestimate the amount of losses. Businesses, families, and individuals suffer when insurance companies resort to bad faith or underhanded tactics to save money.
When an insurance dispute becomes too great for you to handle on your own, trust McWherter Scott Bobbitt to recover the amounts to which you are entitled under your insurance policy. With decades of experience, our attorneys have obtained multiple multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements on our clients’ behalf. We fight to get you the full insurance proceeds you are owed, plus additional compensation when appropriate. Brandon McWherter is a licensed Mississippi insurance dispute attorney, who efficiently resolves insurance disputes for clients with a wide range of policies and interests.
When insurance companies fail to perform
Insurance claims can be mishandled in many ways. Sometimes there is just a dispute about how much is owed, and other times there is a fight about whether certain damage is covered by the policy. On some occasions, the behavior might rise to the level of bad faith. Whatever the case, when your agent or adjuster fails to perform or acts unethically, McWherter Scott Bobbitt is prepared to fight for you.
As a licensed Mississippi insurance dispute lawyer, Brandon McWherter handles cases involving all covered causes of loss, including damage caused by:
- Smoke and soot
- Ice Damming
- Loss of Business Income/Extra Expense
- Loss of rents
- Additional living expenses
- Water damage
- Bad faith/unfair claims practices
In cases of outrageous behavior by the insurance company, our firm works to obtain additional compensation on top of policy benefits.
Tenaciously resolving commercial insurance disputes
An unresolved insurance claim can gravely affect your business. You may lose income, customers, and a seriously bad situation may cause your doors to close — permanently. A lawyer from McWherter Scott Bobbitt can help your business get back on its feet in cases such as:
- Commercial property claims. When damage to your commercial property occurs because of flood, fire, theft, or other natural or manmade disasters, you deserve swift and prompt payment from your insurer. You also need compensation for destroyed or damaged equipment, tools, electronics, and more.
- Business interruption claims. If disaster strikes on your commercial property and affects your everyday operations or those of your tenant, this could result in a significant loss of income. While your income flow is disrupted, you still have expenses to pay. Business interruption coverage reimburses you for that lost revenue.
- Churches and nonprofits. Not-for-profit organizations are just as affected by property damage as a standard business. They need prompt and adequate compensation to fully serve clients and their congregation.
- Industrial and warehouse claims. If you have goods stored in a warehouse or you rely on an industrial facility for your business operations, you are sure to have these properties well insured. We help you obtain reimbursement for structural damage, property damage, business interruptions and more.
Get a highly-qualified Mississippi business insurance dispute attorney on your side — and get back to business quickly.
Quickly and effectively handling residential and consumer insurance conflicts
When disaster hits your home or property, you rely on your insurance policy to help get things back to normal as soon as possible. If you fall ill or a loved one passes away, you expect a life or disability insurance policy to cover your needed expenses. Yet, insurance companies all too often make it difficult for policyholders to get the funds they are owed.
At McWherter Scott Bobbitt, we handle residential and consumer insurance claims in Mississippi involving:
- Residential property claims. Was your home damaged or destroyed by an insured event? Without prompt and fair payment from your insurance company, your family could be left homeless and out thousands of dollars.
- Condominium property claims. Whether the damage occurred inside an individual unit, common area, or along multiple units, condo claims can be particularly complicated. Let our attorneys sort out all the legal details and complexities.
- Life and disability insurance claims. When a loved one dies, you depend on their life insurance policy to pay your bills. If you are left disabled, an insurance policy can keep you afloat. Do not let an insurance adjuster inappropriately deny or delay your claim.
- Multi-family dwelling property claims. Owners of apartment buildings or other multi-family dwelling properties are under particular pressure to get an insurance claim resolved fairly. Their residents, and rental income, are dependent on ensuring their units are suitable to be occupied in case of damage.
An attorney can be your advocate when battling difficult insurance companies. Insurers sometimes have teams of adversarial lawyers — never try to go up against them alone.
Speak with an experienced Mississippi insurance dispute lawyer right away
If an insurance dispute is causing you stress, frustration, and financial hardship, let Brandon McWherter from McWherter Scott Bobbitt take over. As a Mississippi insurance dispute lawyer, he can help you obtain the compensation owed by the policy itself, plus additional damages when appropriate. Arrange a no-obligation consultation today by calling 731-664-1340 or completing our contact form.